Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Hotel Help
Thread: Hotel Help
View Single Post
Old 7th July 2001, 07:55 AM
dragonman64
Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to dragonman64
I know the dilemma, yorkie. I've been there before. After almost a dozen trips to Bangkok, I've learned my lessons well when it comes to choosing the "right hotel" to stay in. You may consider the following suggestions:

1. Silom/Surawong Area - you're options are either Dusit Thani or Pan Pacific Hotel. Both are tolerant of overnight guests, but the lobby lay-out of the Pan Pacific can be a little bit tricky for a first-timer. Avoid Montien Hotel by all means.

2. Sukhumvit Area - you may want to go for either Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit or JW Marriott. Of course, discretion here is a must. The trick with Sheraton Grande is to always pass by its entrance at street level (where Riva's is located) whenever your take-home hunk is with you. With JW Marriott, it has so many entrances and exits that bringing in a friend can be a breeze. Besides, the staff there are quite tactful about these things. For as long as your date's behavior is decent (no clingings in the lobby), then I don't see a problem. Avoid the Zenith Sukhumvit Hotel.

3. Ploenchit/Siam Square Area - the newly-opened Hotel Plaza Athenee is tolerant of overnight guests. For such deluxe accomodations, though, I find their rooms a little on the bland side. Avoid the Le Meridien President and Siam Inter-continental.

4. Riverside Area - the Peninsula Bangkok is unbeatable in this part! With their excellent/high-tech facilities, luxurious accomodations, and reasonable rates (at least from now till end of September), not even the Shangri-la and Royal Orchid Sheraton can come close to what this one can offer. They have one of the best health clubs in Bangkok, plus, they are gay-friendly!

Now, if serviced residences are your thing, then it is even easier to bring in overnight guests to any one of them. Your best bets in this regard are: Omni Tower (Sukhumvit Area), Saladang Place and Saladaeng Colonnade (Silom Area). Avoid the newly-opened Emporium Suites (behind the plush Emporium Mall) because the feedbacks I've gotten so far are not too encouraging)

Hope my inputs help. Have a great time in Bangkok!