Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - cost to keep a boy
View Single Post
Old 20th February 2002, 07:27 PM
BkkJunky
Cruiser

I'd like to re-inforce Brief Encounter's view.I've been coming to Thailand for over 30 years and for the last 20 years visiting on a monthly basis.Thailand is a great place and the human qualities of the people very high.However Thais are human and suffer the same faults of humans everywhere.So one must be very prudent especially in matters concerning money.Starting a business in Thailand is very risky-risky if you don't succeed and risky if you do.Success often incites envy and it is always best to keep a very low profile.I would recommend to anyone considering retiring to Thailand that he have enough income from OFFSHORE investments(interest income,social security,etc.) to lead the kind of live style he wants.What constitutes an adequate income level is very subjective but I think a monthly income of B100,000. should be adequate.I think a very dangerous move is to come to Thailand and count on surviving by starting a business-there are many many more failures than successes-even if you know the business.