Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - To swallow or not to swallow
View Single Post
Old 28th May 1999, 04:06 PM

dick13,
Thank you for your concern. I am fine.
When my t-cell count was first taken after diagnosis it was down to around 375. Had I been tested earlier I could have started treatment earlier and my cell count could have been maintained at a higher amount, hence, the importance of being tested early and often when you are engaging in risky behavior. After treatment started my little army of defenders doubled to around 750. A case of the flu and they were back into the 600 range. I have recently been exercising vigorously and they are up into the 860's. March on little guys!
As far as my mental state - I am lucky. I have been very fortunate and very lucky in having been blessed with a great family unit of relatives and friends. A strong faith goes a long, long way too! So I can honestly say that I am doing OK.
I do not discuss my status very much, only when I am asked by my doctor or a few very close friends. However, everyone should be aware of the risk.
Bye the way, my doctor is of the school of HIT IT HARD & HIT IT EARLY. In my case it seems to be working.
Thanks again for your interest. God Bless!