Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Relationship issue
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2004, 03:06 PM
ScruffyCub
Cruiser

I didn't mean to IMPLY that you are uncaring. I guess all I wanted to say is that everyone is different -- it takes each of us different amounts of time to be able to move on, and we each have to handle our situations in whatever way is best for us. My friend in NY -- she's seeing a counselor, talking to me, and making positive changes in her life in areas unrelated to her current situation. For me, I relied on family, friends, and also by making changes to my life which gave me confidence and strength.

Sorry, I was in a temporary bad mood. It was my birthday and it rained, thus killing my yearly "day at the beach" that I always enjoy. So instead I went out and spent money on new clothes, which did wonders to cheer me up.

Also, when I look back at that turbulent time in my own life, I cannot BELIEVE I was involved in something so preposterous and something which was utterly out of character for me. In fact, all the bullshit and the drama and the fighting is beneath me -- or so I want to believe. Yet I felt sucked in and helpless at the time, and it seemed that NOT responding to such bullshit would be to just give up. So I fought back, at least for a little while.

The thing is, this time in my life is embarrassing to me, in retrospect. I am not a Jerry Springer type of dude. I like to think I have my head on straight and that I'm spiritually centered. Most of the time, I think this is true. But every now and then, emotions gain the upper hand. I'm not proud of things I did, things I said, or the manner in which I handled myself -- but admittedly, I AM proud of the end result and who I am NOW. So I guess that maybe it all went down the way it did for a reason; I learned from it. I always used to shake my head and laugh at people being so melodramatic -- until it happened to me. Now I know that sometimes it's unavoidable and that coming out on the other side is more than possible; it's very likely indeed.

Having been in a situation very similar in many ways to that of the original poster, and having my friend also involved in a "love triangle" at this time, I was able to empathize and I wanted to do as much as I could for this guy. Birds of a feather...

Anyway, enough of all that.

Continued good luck and well wishes to WannaBJ. The road ahead isn't easily traveled, but when he finally gets to that rest stop he's going to find that a whole lot of other people have taken refuge there with him. A good night's sleep, the sun rising in the morning and the fog burned away -- things will improve steadily from there.

Peace.
Quote |