Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - How to find the right guy?
View Single Post
Old 12th July 2004, 04:38 PM
ScruffyCub
Cruiser

True enough, GASlick: to each his own. My personal opinions are just that -- opinions. Message boards provide the opportunity for everyone to provide information based on their own experience, giving a more well-rounded point of view. You're right: there's tons of guys out there who are into married dudes, bi dudes, etc. In fact, I suspect a LOT of self-proclaimed "bi" guys label themselves as such in online profiles because it has become trendy just lately to be bisexual -- and because it offers some sort of implied assurance of masculinity and discretion. I tend to think many "bi" labels in profiles are really men who know they are actually gay but just want to improve their odds of finding dick online! Not ALL, of course... but there are enough of them. In fact, sometimes I run into a guy who describes himself as bi and when I say I'm not interested, he suddenly tells me "Oh, I just put that there because I like bi guys. I'm really more into men." Or something quite similar.

Regardless, though -- it's a good idea for the dude to try it both ways. Some will be thrilled to get with a newbie -- others will not. And while I personally wish more men would strive for honesty, I'm not naive enough to think it will happen anytime soon. May as well play the field and expand your options.

I also agree that the roomies probably won't question anything -- which makes me feel all the more confident that my original assessment is on the money: the dude is falling back on excuses and focusing on hypothetical possibilities in an effort to distance himself from his own responsibility for his lack of seeking the sex he wants. This isn't an insult, though: most of us have been through this at one time or another, even myself. I just got over it at an early age, but I sure do remember what it was like to be afraid and feel that everything I did was much more suspicious than it actually was.
Quote |