Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Are Tan Lines Sexy?
View Single Post
Old 6th August 2004, 12:55 PM
guilty1453
Cruiser

I find too pronounced tan lines somewhat of a turn off. The speedo look doesn't do it for me at all. Nor does the all over tan. It gives me the impression that someone has too much spare time on their hands.

(Not that there's anything wrong with that . . .)

Of course raw sex is raw sex & not a relationship, but nonetheless, I find that some things, such as certain kinds of tan likes, or cologne, say something about a person's lifestyle, & that works it's way into my psyche & or libido, & my attraction to the guy in question diminishes. This often happens even if the guy in question fulfills a high percentage of the usual things that trip my trigger.

There is also the obvious unhealthyness of it all, (melanoma is no joke), being in the same realm as tobacco or excessive alchohol use. (Being a tobacco user myself, I can always understand that it could be a real turn off). Maybe it registers as a sign of mental deficiency, & in a weird Darwinian way cancels the guy out as a healthy prospective mate.

"Normal" summer tan lines & working tan lines: legs, arms, neck, shoulders, can get me going. A tanned torso can be really hot. A farmers tan also does it. Maybe I'm just drawn to a working class kind of guy.

I work outside, & in the summer, despite sun block, sport a tan from mid thigh down, & (though sometimes reduced by the weather to taking off my shirt), normally an "A" shirt tan on my torso. Though I don't work intentionally on this look, I find that on a regular basis, some guys really like it. At least enough to comment on it. Having spent most of my adult life in New York City, avoiding the sun as much as possible, having a personal tan is a pretty new experience for me.

Maybe it's a class thing. Maybe it's a lifestyle thing. But it does work itself into what is physical desire for me. A very mysterious thing. The kind of tan a man has says something to me about what kind of person he is. Even though I may be only looking for raw sex, & not a relationship, it still affects how I am attracted to him.

All that being said, I have had some quite successfully enjoyable sexual encounters where speedo tan lines, or no tan lines at all were involved. But never with a thong line.
Quote |