Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Safe/Bare Code?
Thread: Safe/Bare Code?
View Single Post
Old 6th August 2004, 02:54 PM
ScruffyCub
Cruiser

There's no signal or code that I've ever heard of to indicate safe sex or unprotected sex, at least not one which is commonly implemented by many guys. Even the hanky code has kind of faded away, possibly because it started getting far too complex. If such a code exists, I'll lay odds that Corey has a link which discusses it!

Regardless, in a place such as a bathhouse where everyone is walking around naked or in a towel, it would certainly be difficult to include some sort of signal when you have no clothing, no pockets, no possessions except maybe a room key, etc.

Starting new trends seems to be challenging, too. Getting the word out isn't easy, and having men adopt any given suggestion is bound to meet with resistance (for whatever reasons).

It's been many years since I've been to the tubs, but there WAS one common signal I have seen repeated many times by bottoms wanting safe sex. These guys would lay on their cots, ass up, and place a condom either between their spread legs or on the small of their back or directly on their ass. There's no mistaking this: "put the condom on and fuck me." Good for them, I say.

But you're right: lots of bareback going on out there. For top guys who want to play safe, I'd simply suggest always carrying a condom with you. In a bathhouse, you can always just show it to a prospective bottom and see if he's still receptive when he notices it.

And of course, good old communication is fine, too. While I prefer MOST cruising situations to be more or less discussion free and chatterless, it is still acceptable to say a few words and make sure that both guys are on the same page.

For online cruising, I just make sure that I use the statement: "Safe Sex Only" in my profiles and/or make sure I communicate those words directly.
Quote |