Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - What am I doing wrong/ What can I do right?
View Single Post
Old 11th September 2004, 11:03 AM
ScruffyCub
Cruiser

Not enough information, dude...

You mention TWICE that you have a lot of things in mind that you want a guy to do to YOU -- what are you going to do for HIM?

What reason was given as to WHY the two men you have already met did NOT want to have sex? Did you arrange to meet in a non-sexual setting and "get to know" each other, with the standard "no hard feelings" rule in effect if one or both of you decided there was no attraction? Or was sex implied but rejected at the last minute?

You made sure you mentioned your piercings and tattoos. Are they heavy-duty obnoxious? Do you have a "look" that you know deep inside is unappealing to some people? Did you tell these two guys that you are into piercings and tattoos and have several of them BEFORE you met, or did you just show up with half a pound of metal scattered around your body? You need to either meet with men who are also into this particular style, or you need to at least ditch the piercings before meeting someone who is NOT into it. We can defend your piercings and say "fuck anyone who doesn't like it," but you wouldn't have mentioned it if you hadn't given some thought as to IF this played a part in your being rejected...

I don't feel like going to MapQuest to locate your small town in Ohio, but as you said, you've gone to other places to meet gay men. Ohio has plenty of major cities, and it just so happens that they are scattered more or less VERY evenly across the state. You MUST be close to at least one of them. Furthermore, you are in "The Heart Of It All," if I remember my license plates correctly: Ohio is centrally located, the gateway to the northeast and midwest. Hell, you even border West Virginia. I've been cruised in West Virginia, man... it ain't hard! You may have to travel more, so gas up your tank and don't drink and drive, dude.

Did you meet these two men online? I'd assume as much. Did you swap photos, or set up a blind date? Blind dates are a huge risk -- and you're lucky anyone decided to meet you at all if you didn't share a photo. If you DID share a photo -- if they knew what you looked like -- again... what REASON did they give for rejecting sexual contact?

Being in the closet has little to do with anything... most men who are in the closet KNOW they are in the closet because they manage to slip out and suck on some dick from time to time. So closeted guys still have sex. Being in the closet does NOT mean a guy is also celibate. It CAN, however, be a nifty excuse to use to justify one's own inaction, know what I mean?

When you WANT something in life, you need to go out and GET it. Make it happen. Not every encounter results in something happening, either. Meeting two men and immediately assuming you MUST be doing something wrong because they didn't have sex with you is a cop-out. Cruising isn't for the emotionally weak or egotistically challenged. Rejection happens OFTEN. Get used to it and move on. Everyone likes different types of men. Whatever you look like, there IS someone out there who will be into you regardless of your piercings and tats (if this is even an issue at all). You can't force anyone to have sex with you, and you can't take it TOO personally when you don't score each and every time.

Did you make a move on these guys? Did you SUGGEST anything to them, or were you waiting for THEM to offer sex FIRST? You didn't say...

If you want streamlined advice from the guys here, you need to give more details. All of the above from me is based on assumption -- and is quite generic. We've heard it all before.

And... um... an INFLATABLE butt plug? I have never seen one of those. Can you take it to the beach and use it for a flotation device? Hmmm... I guess just make sure you clean the valve-stem before you put your lips on the thing to blow it up, right?
Quote |