Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - dominican republic
View Single Post
Old 26th September 2004, 11:35 PM
ViajeroGringo
Cruiser

Check out this website: http://www.gaysantodomingo.com/

It has up-to-date info on the scene in SD. I notice that only one gay club (Aire) and one gay bar (Phoenix) are listed now. I guess that means the bad economic times there have taken their toll. There used to be more places.

Aire is a big, glitzy club. Phoenix is a low-key bar which is a hangout for hustlers. It's quite friendly, though. The owner, an Englishman, is very helpful with information.

FYI, El Conde is a pedestrian street in the zona colonial. There is a hotel on this street (some American chain the name of which escapes me) with a restaurant with tables out front on the street. If you sit here long enough you will likely be approached.

If you are interested in theater cruising, the Lido Theater (on the same street as the Mercado--opposite side of the street and one block East) is very busy. I've had great times there.

The Duque de Wellington Hotel is not strictly a gay hotel but a lot of gay people stay there. It's not at all fancy but it's clean. The front desk people speak English. There are usually some hustlers hanging around but it's pretty low-key. You can bring guys to your room with no problem but they have to register and must have their id's. There is usually a nominal extra charge for this. If not charged a tip to the front desk person would be a good idea.
Quote |