Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - A child of Privilage
View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2004, 02:59 AM
dreampilot
Cruiser

These are some insightful comments and interesting to see what everyone thinks. Ive been thinking alot about these types of things lately.

As I approach 40 and i look back on the choices i've made when it comes to relationships and even one night stands and the reasoning behind those choices - I realize i've wasted a lot of time, effort and energy concentrating on the wrong things when it comes to meeting guys.

I'm at the point where I can't even go out to dinner with some of my friends lately - they sit and nit pick every single guy who walks into the restaurant - like giggling little hens at the water cooler. I used to be part of this until one day I noticed they were picking on some guys receding hairline and i noticed all of us had worse receding hairlines. My friends have become even more vain and self absorbed (as if that was possible) as they get older. Instead of just embracing the aging hairlines and wrinkles - we obsess over changing them to give us more "marketability".

We can be soooo judgemental on each other. It's sort of like a similar problem with African Americans. women and other minority groups - where they're so busy picking and sniping at each other, they lose a big opportunity for unity and change.

I think if we spent half as much time and energy on trying to change how "mainstream" society and morals disrespect and hold us back from being ourselves as we do critiquing and making a meat market of our fellow gay men - our society would be alot more tolerant than it is now.
Quote |