Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Oral Warts?
Thread: Oral Warts?
View Single Post
Old 12th October 2004, 05:30 PM
ScruffyCub
Cruiser

First, thanks Dr. Danny for confirming that info supplied by everyone here.

Second: Specific, you asked an EXTREMELY obvious question and then seem to gripe at me for giving you the EXTREMELY obvious answer? I don't get that, either.

Pun intended: you were NOT specific AT ALL with your question. If you already knew the answer -- then why did you even ask the question?

Dude... look, I'm not trying be nasty here, but if you ask a dumb question, you're going to get a dumb answer!

To me, I naturally assumed, as any logical person might, that because you asked if the risk was there, you wanted to know more. I confirmed for you that the risk was indeed there, and myself and many other guys gave you lots of additional information.

So I don't get why you'd complain about that which is OBVIOUS.

I AM, however, glad that this information is obvious to you. Knowing the facts can help you protect yourself... but I still don't know why you asked the question if you knew the answer.

Arrggghhh!

Finally, for Fred:

Since HPV can be transmitted from skin to skin contact, condoms are not adequate protection. As stated, however: they are better than nothing at all. Viruses like HIV are present in semen and pre-ejaculate fluid, and condoms are an effective barrier to that. HIV isn't spread from skin to skin contact. Additionally, not all STDs are viruses: many are bacterial. Something like syphilis is also spread from skin to skin contact as well as through semen, so condoms are not a complete protection from that, either. However, syphilis sores on the penis are a little bit LESS likely to spread further to skin not covered by a condom. Also, they are MUCH more visible than warts. Men who have syphilis sores on the penis would hopefully KNOW it. Also hopefully, they would NOT want to have sex at this time, both because of the risk of giving it to others and because sex with syphilis sores would simply be rather nasty. Not many guys are going to see a syphilitic penis and start chowing down on it, either.

The bottom line remains the same: condoms ARE good protection. They aren't 100% effective all the time, but they are WAY better than nothing at all.

And I sure hope that wasn't too obvious for you. I imagine you actually asked a question because you wanted to know the answer!
Quote |