Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Question about oral sex and HIV +
View Single Post
Old 13th November 2004, 01:43 PM
ScruffyCub
Cruiser

Me? Long-winded? GET OUT! I'm so utterly offended. My ego is shattered; I won't be able to get an erection for two weeks now!

No, seriously... Doc can tease me anytime, or give me a prostate exam, or both, whatever he prefers.

To be honest, I had considered typing in a very terse response here, something along the lines of: "Yes, the guy is wrong. Oral sex has risk."

But as we have noted, this is a disturbing post for many reasons.

I didn't want to moralize at length on the underlying problem here at the time. Still don't. You guys can have at it if you want. It IS an important topic for discussion, though.

I'm guessing this kid is one who has never lived in a world without HIV. He has made assumptions and learned what he knows from dubious sources, gossip, word of mouth, etc. Very dangerous stuff going on out there, guys...

Do keep that in mind. It is SO important to educate the kids today. Some of the older dudes, too, but you know what I mean. Shit, if some folks who HAVE HIV don't know the facts... that's fucking SCARY SHIT.

We're gonna have to work to change that, I think.

I could have detailed a lot more, far beyond the little twelve-step program outlined above, but I thought it best to ease the kid into it.

He's got a LOT to consider.

So... now you get to enjoy the CFS boards without me for probably a whole four days! Maybe even five! I hope someone will talk and talk and talk and drive you all crazy in memory of me as I hit the road to visit the folks up north.

See ya again soon.
Quote |