Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - What do you like about CFS?
View Single Post
Old 26th November 2004, 10:19 AM
KewlDewd66
Cruiser

Talking Gay Academey...

I would feel free to disregard the part regarding your crediatials and reasons/motivation to post your question. The matter has such a hollow ring about it, if you are catching my drift...

Yet, I find your question (academic or not) to be highly relevant.

CFS did not change my life. With all due respect, it takes a bit more to get there.

I do enjoy some of the boards here. More often than not, you read about the experiences and views of the members that would have been normally hidden from the public eye and general, if anonymous scrutiny.

You are often confronted with the need to respond and put down your thoughts and ideas into a desirably coherent form which might benefit the other readers, while it certainly benefits you.

You are learning to be both responsible and respectful. Responsible for your own statements and the impact these may have on other people and respectful of other people's views that might be very different from yours.

For most part, the dabate here is unabated and free. Something startified societies largely lack these days. We judge the contributions on their face value for what they are and are free to disregard the position of the author. One of the last places where someone can be right or wrong and recognized as such regardless of his wealth and social status.

You are learning how to deal with people who are firmly set in their ways and are here on a mission to convert the rest of us to their own ways and share with us 'the light they saw'. They are so easy to recognize and they have not been very successful here. Which is very encouraging, in my mind, that is.

Last but not least: the boards are here for what they are. They were not meant to be liked or disliked by anyone. If you find their content and their form to be to your satisfaction, just like anyone else, you are free to use them. I do, without having to divide the aspects into my likes/my dislikes.

Just my 2 cents,

KD
Quote |