Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - What do you like about CFS?
View Single Post
Old 1st December 2004, 02:04 PM
ScruffyCub
Cruiser

Just for the record, I've seen CFS plastered on the evening news in several cities: at home in Jacksonville, in Buffalo when visiting family (not this time, but previously), and somewhere else while traveling and watching TV in a hotel room. I'm thinking Virginia, maybe, but I can't remember for sure.

CFS gets a bad reputation in that way, but clearly only in the minds of those who don't comprehend what the site is all about. I think that's understandable -- if you aren't gay and have never experienced the cruising subculture, you'd would be likely to see it as nothing but perversion and filth and wanton sex.

Who would guess that you can actually make friends, share some momentary love and respect, and have a really good time while cruising? Well, WE could guess that... many others cannot.

I DO believe CFS has some ability to unite the community. And not only does it work in this way for gay guys, it welcomes ALL guys. Just look at the posts with the largest numbers of hits -- they are almost always related to topics dealing with sexual desires that are unspoken or hidden. There's LOTS of dudes out there who want to be with other dudes but aren't sure what to do about it. At the very least, CFS can point them in the right direction. At best, it just might even help a few folks discover their own sexual identity and become comfortable with it.

I recently posted in the state forums to see if I might meet someone during my travels... but no luck. I have only met ONE man from CFS in all my time here (he was great, but still...). So I enjoy the site on other levels instead of focusing on finding sex. You can't RELY on CFS for all your sex or you'll just end up frustrated. I don't believe it is the intent of CFS for men to do that, either: the Sex Listings provide the directions but YOU have to do the rest. The state forums are a great alternative option to seek the sex you want (as are the Communal Stalls) -- but as with any online sex... take it with a grain of salt.
Quote |