Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - I really would like to know.
View Single Post
Old 1st December 2004, 02:20 PM
ScruffyCub
Cruiser

Though I have noticed that the site has periods of very slow response time, it sure doesn't seem to be as bad for me as it seems to be for some of you guys.

Yet CFS has ALWAYS been a slow site, as compared to some others. I'm just kind of used to it.

The reality is that pop ups do not consume enough bandwidth to be blamed for the slow load times of the message boards. No one likes pop ups, but as we all know: this site is FREE. They are a minor annoyance at best. I'm happy to deal with a few pop ups and have access to this great site for FREE. Hell, CFS is one of the VERY few sites I'd ever consider paying for -- but Keith, please pretend you didn't hear that, OK?

I've found that for some strange reason, if CFS is very slow, MOST of the time rebooting my PC helps. Not always, but quite often. Also, I delete my temporary internet files EVERY time I surf. You can set IE to delete them when you close it. Give it a try -- clearing the cache seems to help with load times.

At worst, I sometimes wait twenty or thirty seconds for a page to load. Very rarely do I come to CFS and find a page will not load at all. If that happens, I either reboot, clean my cache, or just come back to the site in half an hour. Almost always I get right in and have no problems at all.

Just a guess, but it seems to me that the pop ups are having trouble coming through -- and that this delays loading the actual page. I have no idea if this is even a consideration -- are the pop ups stored on a different or slower server or something like that?

Right now, I'm blocking all pop ups because I'm not using my own PC and I don't want anyone looking over my shoulder and seeing a photo of a raging erection. But when I'm at home, CFS is one of the few sites where I don't block pop ups. They don't bother me here at all. Most are decent pics of nice looking dudes. Naked guys with hard dicks appearing on my screen sure don't bother me!

The message board upgrades are not the problem, I don't think. Message board software is purchased and modified according to the webmaster's needs. These same boards exist elsewhere, too.
Quote |