Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - What do you like about CFS?
View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2004, 01:12 AM
KewlDewd66
Cruiser

Talking Read or No Read

GF is a very honest man. He says, he doesn't read SC's tomes, since they are long and he says nothing but the truth. If he took the trouble to read them, he would have known that hardly anyone has ever put more energy and his time into promoting the notion of safe sex than the aforementioned SC.

Yeah, his postings are often long. If you have got other things to do, well, do them. If you feel like reading SC's stories and insights, feel free to do so. This isn't really a compulsory reading for any 101, when you come to think about it. And SC really doesn't personally profit from your reading his postings or not.

It seems that you at least partly, equal the notion of unsafe sex with the frequency of sexual intercourses an individual may have.

Quote:
What I'm saying is that as fun as sex is, when someone knowingly takes such great risks, time and time again, without regard for his health and probably not that of partners, and they are unable to control things--ya--it strikes me as a bit perverse and I stand by that judgement.
Nope, that 'time and time again' equation does not hold much truth and nope, I do not think Dr. Danny will come to your support here. It is far less important how frequently you have sex than how do you go about having it. Doing it infrequently without a condom is far more dangerous that doing it frequently with a proper condom. We all know guys who are very reluctant to get sexually involved with other people for a number of valid reasons. We also know that most of them cannot maintain their self-imposed celibacy forever and that once they break free, they may, just may, be more likely to throw all caution to the winds and play unsafe. People who go for it 'again and again' are usually, very much in control of what is going on and have no misgivings about saying a firm 'NO' to any unsafe practice they may encounter. For those having plenty of sex turning down one or the other unsafe partner really comes very easy. A 'loss' not even worth mentioning. Think about the consequnces of your views and consider redefining your definition of 'perverse', if you will.

Does the CFS work? You are right. If you have some sort of a lively gay enovironment in your town, CFS will turn out to be too slow and too cumbersome. Direct approach is simply more productive. But then, there are guys who live in a less friendly environment. For them, the boards may work.

When it comes to purely looking for a 'quickie', no web-based dating works as good and as fast as a convenient local, real life venue. Yet, many people are looking for a slightly more 'meaningful' relationship. Usually, guys are looking for some sort of sex buddies, or simply other guys they can get to know first, on no matter how a superficial level before choosing to romp in the hay with them or not. Trust me, there are good reasons for this approach.

Last, in your first post, you were wondering as to how people find time to write all these postings and shouldn't they be out cruising and possibly doing it 'time and time again'? Doesn't that sound contradictory to your second posting? Or would you deem writing these postings to be an unsafe practice?

More and more people out there are not working Mon.-Fri. 9-5. At times their projects require undivided attention and they do not come to the boards for weeks or even months at times, simply because other matters enjoy a much higher priority. By that very same token, there are times when business happens to slow down for a whole host of reasons and suddenly these people have both time and energy to use the boards and express their views. After all that's why these boards are here and for free to use.

Just my 2 cents

KD
Quote |