Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - What do you like about CFS?
View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2004, 01:31 PM
ScruffyCub
Cruiser

Thanks, KD, for stating what I would have felt obligated to say had you not already said it for me!

You just saved me a lot of time which I might have otherwise spent posting a response here on the boards. Now I can just go out and get my dick sucked and make everyone happy!

No, seriously... I DO feel it necessary to say in my own words:

1) First and foremost, I was responding to GWT and jokingly bantering with him. My commentary regarding filth and perversion had nothing to do with anything even remotely related to any comments posted by anyone else.

2) As duly noted by KD (and much obliged, thanks), I have ALWAYS advocated safe sex and HIV prevention. Not only here at CFS, but for years and years prior within OTHER message board systems online.

3) I never equated unsafe sex to "filth," "perversion," or anything else. I do not believe they are the same thing. ATTITUDE is what makes whatever it is. You can have a "dirty" attitude and be having a terrifically hot encounter with a buddy AND be wearing a condom at the same time. I do not agree that sex becomes or is anything other than whatever it is agreed to be between the two participants. Safe sex can be loving, it can be down and dirty, it can be whatever you want it to be. And while I don't support bare backing, this too can be whatever you want it to be.

4) I am utterly fucking SICK AND TIRED of hearing all this boring-ass motherfucking bullshit about SCRUFFY'S LONG POSTS.

How many times do I have to say it: if you don't want to read what I write -- DON'T read it!

Rest assured that I am not concerned about losing a target audience. If someone asks a question about something and they want to hear the response I or anyone else gives here, they are GOING to read it. Anyone who is INTERESTED in that same question and response is also going to read it.

I personally prefer a thorough and accurate answer than a two-word reply which doesn't help at all. Nothing is more frustrating than to ask a question and come back eager for a response only to find that no one has replied or that those who did didn't bother to say anything other than that which was already obvious in the first place.

And on a final, personal note... It drives me NUTS to listen to people whine about having to READ. If you are too lazy to read something, perhaps your online time would be better spent looking at photographs or playing games on Yahoo rather than browsing message board forums.

I was taught to read LONG before I ever entered school. I skipped two grades in reading in elementary school. I took advanced classes in high school. I never, EVER got anything less than an A in any subject that had to do with reading or writing. To me, reading is NOT A CHORE. It is NOT an annoyance. It is NOT something which loses its appeal. MY MIND does not wander. I actually have an attention span and can focus on the written word.

I can't do much for those of you out there who are not capable of this.

What YOU can do for yourself is to just go ahead and STOP READING that which is tiresome to you. When you find that you cannot concentrate any longer on what you are reading, go turn on the TV. Maybe "Elimidate" will be on and you can focus on something a bit lighter in nature that doesn't tax your neurons and synapses quite so much.

What the fuck -- is there no one left out there who has ever read an actual BOOK? This "call to brevity" with regard to the written word is something that truly and deeply frightens me. Have we become a culture that is now so freaking lazy that if information isn't displayed for us on a seventy-inch plasma TV screen we don't want to bother assimilating it?

Yikes. I hope not. I hope some of you folks still READ.

And finally -- don't give me that bullshit that "message boards aren't meant for lengthy discussion." If CFS or any other boards out there wanted to restrict post length, that is easy enough to do. There's no regulations here -- or anywhere else that I know of.

Sheesh.

I need to go get my dick sucked now.
Quote |