Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Question about oral sex and HIV +
View Single Post
Old 4th December 2004, 06:16 PM
agoodfellow6
Cruiser

At coffee this morning I found a left-behind copy of the December 6 TIME Magazine. On the back page there's an essay by Michelle Cottie entitled, "The Battle is Over, but the War Goes On." Besically she says that while conservatives temporarily seem to have won the war on "moral issues," in the long run they'll lose the battle because of issue momentum. She is saying that change is primarily a matter of time. So eleven states voted gay marriage bans. It can't last. For more and more of the young folks, sexual identify is no big issue so eventually the Xian right
(that's right guys, let's keep the X in Xmas) will have to change. I've often wondered what the grandchilden of people like Bull Connor, Lester Maddox, George Wallace, etc. think of their forefathers. The same holds true for those Methodist ministers who expelled the Lesbian minister this week. Down the line they'll probably express wonder the same way we look at things such as the "separate but equal" southern laws and customs which operated up past the middle of the last century.