Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Ever read the ads?
View Single Post
Old 5th January 2005, 12:56 AM
ButchMascGuy
Cruiser

Exclamation Lest we forget ...

I stopped referring to myself as Gay many years ago after meeting one of the very few homosexuals who survived the Nazi concentration camps during WWII and his subsequent reincarceration in a German prison under Paragraph 175 of the German Penal Code. Since then, I have always referred to myself as a homosexual out of respect to honor those who perished in the concentration camps and those who suffered the indignity of being reincarcerated in German prisons after surviving the Nazi concentration camps.

Today, almost 60 years since the liberation of the Nazi concentration camps, I am reminded again why my homosexual identity is very important and not a trivial matter despite the fact we (homosexuals) are 2nd Class citizens.

Here we are poking a little fun at some of the ADs people have posted at this website and elsewhere. Some of us have said that the labels (gay, straight, bi, etc.) are not important today in 2005. Want to know something? You are absolutely correct. The labels of gay, straight, or bi are not important ... so long as you don't have a history of having been a concentration camp survivor or suffered the indignity of being reincarcerated in prison after being "liberated" from the concentration camps.

But, here we are in 2005 and we are still 2nd Class citizens just because we are homosexuals. We, the beneficiaries of the Post-World War II generation, are still awaiting our "liberation" so that we (homosexuals) may become First Class citizens just like everyone else. Whatever current label you are using today, let us not lose sight of the fact our homosexual identity is not a trivial matter. It wasn't a trivial matter for those who perished in the Nazi concentration camps or for those who survived the camps only to be reincarcerated in another prison after being liberated.

There is honor, respect and dignity in our homosexual identity. We still await our own liberation so that we can enjoy the same rights and priviledges as 1st Class citizens just like everyone else.

-- Abraham Lincoln
Quote |