Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - What is safe sex?
View Single Post
Old 8th February 2005, 03:06 PM
KewlDewd66
Cruiser

Unprotected Sex...

Nothing save total abstinence offers a complete safety when it comes to STD. Even abstinence, though highly impracticable for most people may fail you, just because you got an STD using other means of transmission. OK, so we all agree, life is lethal.

Most people I have encountered over the last 15 or more years accept the use of condoms when it comes to anal sex. Few, very few insist on bbacking these days for all the obvious reasons.

Oral sex is still somewhat a gray zone to many people. IMHE, most guys will suck you without condom and some 2/3 of the dudes I have encountered will suck you with a condom, if you insist on it.

Admittedly, HIV transmission via oral sex does not top the list of risky behavior. But the risk, even if relatively very small is there. I could personally live with it as I see the risk to be within acceptable limits. However, I always, always insist on wearing a condom, of the guy is going to suck me. This decision is purely based on the fact that a number of other STDs can easily be ( and usually are) transmitted orally. I have made a conscious decision that I do not want to catch any bug, and that a bj is just not worth it. Besides, condom works for me just fine. I last longer, I have little or no fear and if the guy is good, I can still shoot without the warning.

A more serious cause for advocating 'oral with condom only' is a regional syphillis epidemic I have encountered in San Francisco. The matter has been going on for some 3 years or so and is till not subsiding. The fact is that syphilis lowers your resistance substantially and may make you three times more susceptible to HIV seroconversion than would be the case, if you were healthy, all according to the posters placed by the SF Dept of Public Health.

I am neither an MD nor a scientist and have neither knolwedge nor means to go into independent research and confirm this independently. I have decided to trust the Dept. of Public Health on this issue. Everyone must make his own decision on the subject but I feel it appropriate to share with you all of this guys, hoping that you may make an educated decision for yourselves.

KD
Quote |