Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - What is safe sex?
View Single Post
Old 8th February 2005, 05:29 PM
ScruffyCub
Cruiser

I'm glad that a guy who is interested in sex with equines is not coming here to ask a question with the intent of being judgmental regarding the various responses.

Seriously, dude... what did those cute little horses ever do to you?

"Safe sex" also does NOT generally include sex with livestock. Just for the record, of course.

While it is true that species to species transfer of disease is rare, it is not outside the realm of possibility. Do consider the Swine Flu scare in the middle seventies and the current considerations regarding the new Bird Flu. And we could always discuss the theory that AIDS itself originated in monkeys and that the virus made the leap to humans.

Besides... I mean, really... horse dick? People you meet are going to start asking: "What's that smell?"

And if someone from PETA ever catches you, there will be hell to pay.

("Search user posts" if anyone out there has no idea why I felt obliged to mention the above.)

I don't wish to be "judgmental" either... but I am. And quite often, too. I eat a LOT of meat and don't really care much exactly HOW the moo-cow in question that comprises my cheeseburger is slaughtered. Yet I just cannot find the necessary political correctness inside of me (what a surprise) to dismiss bestiality.

Yet I'll answer the question that was posed anyway.

THEORETICALLY, abstinence is the only TRUE form of safe sex.

Playing with semantics a little bit, we CAN say, however, that "SAFER" sex is possible.

And safer sex is defined by each individual.

We all must come to our own conclusions as to what is an acceptable level of risk for ourselves. That which makes us comfortable enough within our daily lives so that we don't spend the bulk of our time living in fear -- tempered by that which provides a satisfying sex life.

Sometimes we deny ourselves things which we might otherwise desire. We may want to eat three or four slices of cheesecake if no one happens to be watching, but hopefully we have enough willpower to find satisfaction with just ONE. Most folks want to live pleasurable lives, but not when certain pleasures could result in the END of our lives completely. Sometimes it isn't worth it to take risks in the pursuit of pleasure. Sometimes we will take mild or moderate risks. Sometimes we choose to take NO risks at all.

How we come to these decisions is a process that is often ongoing throughout our lives. Generally speaking, young people tend to take more risks, feeling invincible. As we age, we start to recognize that our actions have consequences. Sometimes certain psychological illnesses can result in reckless behavior, but we don't need to detail all those myriad possibilities. Sadly, sometimes it is pure ignorance of the facts which lead us to taking risks -- if we don't KNOW we are taking risks we are unable to even comprehend the possible consequences. Luckily, most people are educated, not sociapathic, and even many young folks these days are wise enough to have a handle on their sexuality.

We do what is right for US -- and hopefully, but doing what is right for US, we are also doing what is right for our community (and even for those who exist outside of or on the fringes of our community, such as the wives and girlfriends of men who live "on the down low").

By understanding the consequences of our actions, and by understanding the facts regarding the known and speculated risks of individual sexual acts, we can form a sort of platform of activities which balance personal safety along with personal pleasures.

But, really... let's leave the horses out of this.

PS: Edited to apologize for repeating what GuyTopeka said, to the point of using identical phrases here and there -- we were both writing our posts at similar times, as the time-stamp indicates. Great minds think alike!
Quote |