Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Origin of AIDS?
Thread: Origin of AIDS?
View Single Post
Old 13th February 2005, 12:23 PM
ScruffyCub
Cruiser

Agreed. But I'd go with Valium instead of Prozac -- I just like "Mother's Little Helper" much more.

We cannot definitively trace the origins of HIV -- there is no "patient zero," at least not that I've ever heard of. But this is scientific semantics, if you will -- since we do not have a single, isolated case pinpointed, we cannot make claims to have PROVEN the origin of this virus using the scientific method.

But that doesn't mean that we cannot trace it back to a few very likely source candidates.

You need to remember that HIV has been studied by scientists all over the world -- many in private organizations. The study of HIV is NOT regulated and controlled by any ONE government. If there was a conspiracy out there, there would be a LOT of strong evidence which lends credence to those theories. So far, there is NO real evidence of this WHATSOEVER. Crackpot theories abound, but there is NO hard evidence.

Besides, there are a zillion more effective means of killing people available. There is no logic in releasing a virus, even in an imperfect state, which takes five to ten or even fifteen years to kill someone.

There is also no logic in releasing a virus which kills ALL human beings via sexual transmission. No more sex = no more babies = no more human race.

Additionally, AIDS is more prevalent worldwide in the HETEROSEXUAL community.

Sadly, we could debate this topic for years -- there's no way to convince a conspiracy theorist of anything he doesn't want to believe.

So, really... why bother?
Quote |