Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Origin of AIDS?
Thread: Origin of AIDS?
View Single Post
Old 14th February 2005, 11:22 AM
ScruffyCub
Cruiser

GASlick:

I mentioned viruses jumping species boundaries in another post -- specifically I discussed Bird Flu and even added a statement about the HIV/monkey theory.

There wasn't much reason to get into all of that again -- like I said, trying to convince a conspiracy theorist of anything he doesn't want to believe is pretty much a futile effort.

And I was trying to not be so wordy!

Doc:

I never heard of HIV being traced back as far as the 30s, but I'll take your word for it and enjoy doing a bit of research for "fun." The last theory I heard was that this suspected transition to humans happened at about the time when the elusive "patient zero" allegedly started the epidemic, in the mid to late seventies.

Supposedly this "patient zero" was a gay male flight attendant who had traveled to Africa. This sounds like a whole lot of bullshit to me! It seems to be a conveniently contrived theory which puts the blame on gay men.

Then again, I doubt we'll ever know for sure.

I do believe you regarding the timetable as far as when we think the species jump occurred.

And... wow... thorazine... heavy duty treatment! I like that...
Quote |