Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - HIV from Kissing... Impossible?
View Single Post
Old 17th February 2005, 03:16 PM
Chevo
Cruiser

I have an appointment on monday, I'm going to get a consult appt. and get tested also. I may ask for a DNA PCR testif it is available and affordable (to me at this time), this test is 95% accurate 28 days later after exposure (25 have already passed ). I'm scared as hell.

I DID speak to his nurse the day of exposure, just right after he told me he was HIV+ because I 'freaked out.' She said that unless he had bleeding gums and/or bleeding cuts than I shouldn't worry about it. He didn't, so we assumed I "didn't have anything to worry about", but still I had my doubts, that is why I posted this thread. I read there is just one 1997 report of a woman getting the virus by kissing from her husband, I haven't heard of any others. Still, it is hard to be optimistic about this and I'm already thinking I have it.

Dr. Danny: Thank you so much for your time and I really wasn't trying to argue like that. I AM listening to what you're telling me and I do understand that even though it is very unlikely, it IS theoretically possible. I'm late for prophyllaxis and the doctors at the clinic mustn't think it is necessary because because I did explain my situation and they just gave me an appointment for next monday. Trying to think possitive here... I haven't had any symptons... and I'm praying I end up in the 'unlikely' side of the situation. I'm going to try to see a physician also like you said and try to see if a can get a more accurate test than ELISA (time-wise). I just can't keep up with this anxiety for 6 months, it's not like it's my only problem.

So again, thank you for your help, and I'll keep in touch Scruffycub!