Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - HIV from Kissing... Impossible?
View Single Post
Old 18th February 2005, 03:43 PM
ScruffyCub
Cruiser

Doc: hey, what's more to say than "thanks again?" I'm not sure how or why or where I read that tidbit about prophylaxis for health-care professionals. Glad to hear it is not true. Maybe -- but don't quote me -- I'm thinking of some sort of loophole legislation that is trying to get passed that would make it faster and easier to get these meds. I recall some sort of debate regarding the efficacy of this. Yet it addressed the problem the doc mentioned -- the timeline for prophylactic treatment. If this is the case, of course I'd love to see meds available immediately after unprotected sex.

Chevo: I'm quite confident you'll be fine -- but I like to make sure dudes FOLLOW THROUGH. Sometimes a little worrying is necessary to make sure that happens -- but you did all the right things on your own.

One comment about sero-conversion sickness (the flu-like illness sometimes reported after HIV infection): the keyword here is "sometimes." This illness does NOT always happen. Quite often guys come flying into online message boards or chat rooms worrying that they caught a cold after sex and believe it to be HIV infection. Almost always... it's just a cold. The presence of cold or flu-like symptoms does not indicate HIV -- nor does the absence of them indicate that there was no infection.

That's just for the record -- I'm aware it isn't all that pertinent to this post.
Quote |