Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - HIV from Kissing... Impossible?
View Single Post
Old 20th February 2005, 11:13 AM
poz_MBiM
Cruiser

Let me start by saying this answer is in no way an endorsement for unsafe sexual practices. It is just one person's experience. I am on meds and the virus is undetectable in my blood. The theory (unproven of course) is that I am, therefore less likly to be infectious.

Chevo, go to thebody.com and on the left, click on safe sex. There you will probable find a question just like yours and an answer. If not, then submitt your question to the experts. The one thing you will notice over and over again is the number of guys who are convinced they caught HIV, but didn't (and there are some really silly questions, like getting a lap dance with clothing on)

HIV is not an easy disease to catch. Many things have to go wrong at just the right time. In my case, I had unprotected sex with my wife for nearly 3 months after infection BUT before diagnosis. She tested then, 30 days, 60 days and six months... she is not infected. I had receptive anal with a buddy once during that time.....he's not infected. The fact that you bit your mouth should be of some concern, but it's not an automatic infection. It is all still theory, but the thought is that you need a huge (or several) exposure to get infected, which didn't occur in your case. My wife and I still deep kiss. We both know there is some risk, but it is minimal and acceptable to us. Same for cunnilingus, though I discourage her from fellatio and would never come in her mouth.

As for the PCR test, yeah, very expensive. Just a normal VL test for me runs over $450. PCR is even more....it is DNA testing, afterall.

BTW, my wife e-mails a friend in Canada who also has a poz husband (ain't the internet wonderful?). They had a condom malfunction about 40 days ago. She went on PEP and the good news at her 30 day test is she too is neg. The current window for starting PEP is 48-72 hours.
Quote |