Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - HIV from Kissing... Impossible?
View Single Post
Old 20th February 2005, 09:58 PM
Chevo
Cruiser

Hey everyone! Tomorrow is my test, so nervious, I'll recieve the results on wednesday. Thanks to everyone here... been great help!

I visited body.com and according to them:

1. There isn't a CDC documented case about infection through kissing. I'll be making history here! The 1997 case ended up being classified as inconclusive.

2. My case is considered a low-risk situation... I wouldn't apply for a PCR test unless I want to pay tons of cash.

3. Saliva is NOT considered infectious fluid as of now, with or w/out a cut/sore from the uninfected person. Saliva has some protein that kills the virus and it's acid level also help. Also, in the patients that they found the virus in saliva, it was in very low concentrations (not enough for infection).

Theoretically I guess it is still possible, that is the only reason I might be nervous, but winning the lottery is also possible. Some facts that also help my anxiety level to lower a bit are:

1. The infected person's viral load is "undetectable" right now. AKA <400 count. This lowers the risk of infection even more.

2. He wasn't bleeding through sores or cuts and we didn't kiss anytime directly after brushing our teeth. Plus, the mouth is one of the body's parts that acts more rapidly towards wounds' curation.

3. I don't believe in bad luck (just the lack of it )