Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Two in a booth?
Thread: Two in a booth?
View Single Post
Old 30th March 2005, 07:11 PM
GuyTopeka
Cruiser

Cities, municipalities and states have on the books all sorts of laws relating to illegal sexual conduct.

In the early 80's for, of all things, a college speech class, we had to research local laws relating to particular things, ie. marriage, divorce, inheritence, and sexual conduct.

Came to find out that every sexual activity was illegal except for the missionary position between a man and his legally married spouse. If they had sex in any other position, or enjoyed it, they were breaking the law. (especially if they had sex standing up as it could lead to dancing) The wording of the laws were archaic. The phrase "if a man were to come upon a woman as the beasts of the field do" sticks in my mind. Made me think of a petticoated lass sitting on a park bench having some bowler-topped gentleman crawling on all fours toward her, only for him to be arrested by a mustashioed policeman for "coming upon a woman as the beasts in the fields do".

Anyway, there exist many archaic laws on the books today that are largely ignored until it comes to arresting cruisers. And these same laws have been used to shut down ABS businesses because these businesses have "allowed" illegal activities to occur on their premises.

Several years back, in St. Joseph, MO, the local authorities successfully shut down a local ABS using the old laws still on the books that spoke against people having sex in public. The ABS was grandfathered in, protected against the subsequent ordinances that were passed to prevent any new ABS starting up. So the local DA worked on driving the business out with legal challenges. It worked too. The owners found themselves in court defending themselves against a variety of offenses. They won most all of the suits and claims, but shut down because of the expense of all the legal battles. Plus the DA came out and said that anyone setting foot on their property could be considered as having committed a crime. He was proven full of bull, but the owners still ended up moving elsewhere and opening up a new store.

After following this story for the couple of years it took to unfold, I pretty much lost all desire to ever be an ABS owner.

So while there may not be laws specifically speaking of the illegality of two guys sharing a booth, I am sure there exists some law somewhere that could be twisted to be interpreted as to pertain to two guys sharing a booth.
Quote |