Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - legal advice
Thread: legal advice
View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2005, 11:08 AM
yipper
Cruiser

Hey Buddy -

I've been there too. Seriously. First: take a deep breath and relax. I promise you this is not the end of the world.

I was arrested for doing NOTHING... granted.. if I had had the chance I might have gone down on the cop.. but only if you are gay do you get arrested for doing nothing. Anyway...

Forget the Miranda rights things.. the cops and courts don't care.
You can fight it. I wouldn't depend on the the court appointed attorney. If you are broke.. go to the Gay and Lesbian Center.. they have free legal advice ... and frankly if you are young and cute you can probably get someone to represent you..or at least refer you to an attorney who will do it pro bono.

If you choose not to fight it. (As I did). You can have your record eventully exspunged (as I did). This won't help if you are planning to be a school teacher or somehting that requires clearance, but I won't prevent you from moving on with other career options.

Finally.. stop cruising bathrooms... go to a 12 step sex addiction group.. go only to single restrooms.. pee in your pants.. but don't do the bathroom thing. This is not a moral judgement. I loved the excitement of restroom sex.. but the LAPD is focused on stopping gay men from meeting in restrooms and they will take the innocent down with the guilty. The is the world we live in.

Good luck my friend...
Quote |