Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - legal advice
Thread: legal advice
View Single Post
Old 12th June 2005, 02:27 PM
bayshorebottom
Cruiser

Okay, ONE more comment ...

Just one more comment (ha!) ... a bit of a clarification on job applications and "clean records". You won't have a 'clean record', because you've already been arrested. That arrest will show up. In my state (Florida) anyone with an internet connection can type in your name and see your mug-shot and arrest record. The arrest record does NOT specify the final disposition of the case (guilty/not-guilty/charges-dropped (that's VERY rare), etc).

And employers are smart enough nowadays to have changed the working on job apps ... they used to ask if you've ever been "convicted" of a crime. Now they ask if you've ever been "arrested". In the case of my company (Verizon), if you say 'no', and the record says otherwise, you are automatically a no-hire. No excuses. Our thinking is, we might hire a pervert (or whatever) but we won't hire a liar. If you say 'yes', it is left up to the hiring manager to decide whether the arrest has a bearing on your employability. In my experience most corporate managers won't give a crap on something like this (I've done hiring/firing for 10 years).

Of course, it's a different situation if you are applying to be a recruiter for the Boy Scouts or a child-care worker or teacher.

And remember, when you have your 'day in court' (hopefully only one day, as Scruffy described, above) ... remember that everyone else in that courtroom is in the same boat. It is their preliminary hearing and they couldn't give a CRAP about you ... they are sweating in their seats waiting for THEIR turn.

I'll go away now.
Quote |