Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - What to do?
Thread: What to do?
View Single Post
Old 15th July 2005, 09:43 PM
KewlDewd66
Cruiser

Flirt

Nope, do not call him for the second time. You have kept your word and you called him. That's only fair. If he chooses to ignore it, fine. You'll have to live with it. IMHE, what the younger dudes particularly hate, is the feeling that just 'cause they said 'call me, we'll work something out', they won't be left in peace and the 'elderly guy' is now pursuing them relentlessly. Play it fair and play it cool.

Where to go? What to do? I usually try to get to know the guy, if I can, so I'd suggest something he'd enjoy. You have not had a chance, so try some basics, like couple of drinks and a dinner.

Every guy is a world for himself, so few general rules apply, but if I look back, a little generosity on my part always went a long way. One, just one of the possible reasons for a 25 year old to go out with a 40 year old might be his desire to be treated like a 'son'. So, if you go out, make sure that you pick up the first tab. Watch his reaction; if he insists on picking up the second tab or sharing the cost with you, tell him, fine, he'll do it next time, you two guys get together. I am not suggesting going overboard, but am in favor of little generosity here.

Let him tell you his story. Ask direct but not impertinent questions. Show genuine interest. Most of the young guys, I have hooked up with wanted a stable, successful guy on their side. They might have had enough of the drama with their peers and are looking for a change. So, emphasize the fact that life has been good to you and that you are now enjoying it to the fullest. Be truthful but do not make the common mistake of telling him everything about your previous relationships on the first date. Be always future-oriented.

Last but not least. Hold your ground. Say that you like him and would like to spend some time with him. But do not talk and/or act desperately. You have your plans and he has his. Sure, you both need to be flexible but make sure he understands that you do not feel like becoming a toy in his hands.

Good Luck,

KD

Quote |