Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - What to do?
Thread: What to do?
View Single Post
Old 18th July 2005, 11:15 PM
KewlDewd66
Cruiser

His Number...

Hey UB

Sorry, I am not getting it right. In your original posting you said:

Quote:
Iasked him for his number and we made a tentative date for Sunday. He said to give him a call on Friday to finalize plans.

A bit later in the thread you are saying:

Quote:
What I don't get is that he was the one who told me he was single and gave me his number. I didn't ask him. If he wasn't interested than why give out the number and make plans?
So, did you or did you not ask him for his number? This might appear to be insignificant but it isn't.

I'll second MGB on this one.

I basically never ask people for their numbers, e-mails, etc. If I see an opening, I offer mine and await the reaction. In all likelihood, if a dude is interested in meeting up afterwards, he'll offer his number in exchange. If he isn't, the buck stops there and the message is clear. Time to move on.

I also agree with CU, when he says that many guys are 'fluid' ...

The first thing about those guys is to forget them right away. 'Fluid' is fine when it applies to you and your time and your plans. 'Fluid' is disrespectful and heartless when it extends itself onto other people, their time and their plans.

I have had a most doubtful pleasure of getting to know a few of those 'fluid' guys. (They like to call themselves 'spontanious' or something.)

So, yeah, they'll like to meet you and go out with you Friday evening but they are not quite sure, yet. What if someone more desirable pops out of somewhere and offers a better deal than you do? What, if they happen not to feel like going out Friday 10 PM and their precious inner beings tell them they should stay home and watch their fav orchidea grow and blossom? So, with them, it is always, call me later, we need to finalize plans. I am still not sure, I might (just 'might') be busy, I do not know, I am expecting a call, etc., etc. ...

Frankly, with 'fluid' guys (and this does not go on to say that this apply to the guy who did not return your call), you are dealing with an egocentric, selfish creatures who lack every sense of respect for the others. Thus, 'they are fluid and they are out'.

KD
Quote |