Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Any updates on Mexico City?
View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2005, 04:18 PM
toledotop
Cruiser

Latest on D.F.

I had an awesome time in D.F. ... some similarities to cruising in the States, but basically a whole different ball game.

Here's some updates based on my recent experiences, current as of August 2005:

On the down side:

I think La Casita II is closed...I spent a few minutes walking up and down Insurgentes Sur in the block north of where Monterrey intersects, but no luck. From where it (is?/was?) located, it seems like the location is locked up. I went there twice, late afternoon, Friday and Saturday. If it's still open, my apologies, but I really think it's gone. Too bad.

La Toalla, on Col Obregon in Roma Norte, is open, as judged by the signs and canopy, but its hours are different from those posted on this web site. I went there on Sunday afternoon, and the pull-down awning was closed. They *do* have a web site (sorry, the address is not at hand) so check it before visiting. Maybe some helpful soul will post the current hours here.... If nothing else, this is a really pleasant and safe neighborhood to walk through, so it's not a real loss if you wander by and it's closed.

On the plus side:

Banos Finisterre (Ma. Contreras 11) is awesome! This place will give the rest of you gringos (like me) a good glimpse of gay/bi life in Mexico. The outer lobby seems to be a regular old barber shop, but once you go inside those doors, it's a different story. I highly recommend going in for a (non-sexual) massage and a dose of "pulque," even if you're not in the mood for sex. The location is a nice, half-hour (or so) walk from the Zona Rosa and there's a great cooperative folk art gallery along the way. The sex listings on this place are accurate, so I won't bore you with more details (unless someone wants them!). However, safe sex is not the norm here (like probably everywhere else in Mexico) so bring your condoms and use 'em!

To all the great guys in D.F. I met along the way, you rule!
Quote |