Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - I hate to be a wet blanket, but...
View Single Post
Old 5th August 2005, 05:40 AM
Bayshore33611
Cruiser

What's the question ?

Edmond, I think that most everyone out here will be in agreement with you that there are risks with bareback anal and each person has to decide whether they are ready for the consequences of those risks.

Seems that what you're questioning is whether or not you have put yourself at risk with "non-anal fun" (sucking, rimming). Right?

Let's sideline the other diseases (Hep-C, syph, etc.), and focus on the biggee, HIV (although some will argue that Hep-C is just as big ... and you KNOW that you can get that (pretty easily) through rimming, RIGHT?) Anyway ... I was just told by an HIV educator that HIV is likely NOT tranferable through rimming (difficult/impossible to transmit through either saliva or feces. I'd love for other PROFESSIONALS to weigh-in on that one, 'cause it goes counter to what the CDC publishes ... but they take into account theoretical possibilities, rather than probabilities). The same goes with oral sex, according to popular thinking. Most educators admit that if you have a healthy mouth (no 'entry points' via recent dental work or lack thereof) that you are at very low risk.

What you have to evaluate (along with the rest of us), is 'low-risk' worth it? Depends on you and those you love, I guess.

I'd invite PROFESSIONALS to comment (nicely) on the body of this post.
Quote |