Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - I hate to be a wet blanket, but...
View Single Post
Old 5th August 2005, 10:31 AM
Edmond Cruiser
Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Edmond Cruiser
back to the fun stuff, but first....

Bayshore, before this discussion ends I do want to point out that it doesn't escape me that the HIV test only confirms neg status up to the previous three months and not since. You're right that people live in a fool's paradise who believe that their neg results completely clears them of risk. I should not have said, in my first post, that I *know* I am HIV neg. I acknowledge that no one who has any sexual contact with another person, particularly in an anonymous setting, can be fully confident of their status.

What I should have said is that my confidence in my own disease-free status is high -- though not 100% -- because of my habit of playing safer, and because I choose to make myself aware of the risks.

It should also be pointed out, just as a matter of background, that even though I enjoy cruising, I am not one who will swallow just any dick or lick any ass that becomes available. Anonymous sex is one thing, but indiscriminant anonymous sex is another.

I think your point that anyone who opens himself up for barebacking should be assumed to be already poz is well-taken and probably pretty good advice.

Thanks for a good exchange. If this helps raise the consciousness of anyone else who reads this thread, we may not know how many lives will be saved. Me, drama queen? No, just pragmatist.

p.s. Love your pic!
Quote |