Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - I hate to be a wet blanket, but...
View Single Post
Old 5th August 2005, 12:31 PM
mascguybost
Cruiser

What strikes me most in your post Edmund is the inquiry to your sexual partners self esteem and what accommodating his request to fuck him bareback would say about you as a person. Nice job in pointing that out by the way.

I’d hesitate to say it’s pure ignorance at this stage in the game regarding HIV infection and would lean towards an inability to negotiate safer sex. They've probably come to terms with the risks to their health that can come with that behavior, if they’re not already dealing with that as you said he’s probably already poz if he’s behaving that way.

Our community tends to shed a lot of judgment on guys who behave this way and this is where I think we need to be careful.

HIV infection still carries a social stigma because it’s contracted via sexual contact and our culture to this day is still uncomfortable with sex. This attitude even leaks into the gay community with “sudden� concern for our partners health, but only in regards to HIV specifically. We are constantly killing ourselves with alcohol abuse, tobacco use, the processed food we eat and with other addictions. The thing is, we never stop to ask “what kind of self worth do these other guys have who are engaging in other forms of self destructive behavior?� If we’re going to be “so concerned�, well, why stop at HIV? I think it’s just easy to one, cast judgment as the other forms of self destruction are socially acceptable, and two, make ourselves feel better as we smoke, drink etc., to say, “Hey, at least I use condoms.� True, guys who practices safe sex probably won’t die via HIV, but what about lung cancer or heart and liver disease? Both of which are forms of “self inflicted� disease, yet, the means to those are “socially acceptable“, where taking a raw dick up your ass is not.

The feeling sorry for this guy and feeling as if you're exploiting him is too much for me to jump on board with, but I can see your point.

Yeah, it's always good to bring observations like this up as it can give everyone lot's to think about in regards to their own sexual risk management.

That is a nice pic Bayshore ;-)
Quote |