Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - I don't need advice ... I guess ...
View Single Post
Old 20th August 2005, 08:47 AM
ScruffyCub
Cruiser

Can you forgive him or is this the end for you? Would you consider an open relationship or do you demand fidelity? Are you having sexual problems with him that could be fixed? Are there are other relationship problems that may have helped lead to his cheating? Did you truly expect a GAY MAN to be faithful for life? To be honest, ALMOST all the gay "married" guys I've met who have lasted more than ten years have an open relationship -- or an unspoken agreement that cheating is something they will overlook in order to remain together.

Where is he now? Did you live together or did you each have your own place? Are you two talking? Do you WANT to talk it over? Does he claim to be involved with this other guy, or was it "just" a sexual thing?

Clearly, the choice is yours: stay and see if you can work it out, or leave and start again.

Though you don't really want advice, at times like these hearing advice can often be more helpful than just hearing words of consolation... but you'd need to provide more details and answer some of the questions above to get some decent advice here. If you feel like doing that -- go ahead. If not... best of luck to you. It may seem like small solace right now, but it IS true: at least you didn't spend ten years with the dude before finding out he doesn't want to be faithful. It IS easier to recovery from a shorter relationship than a long-term one.

Good luck.
Quote |