Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - I don't need advice ... I guess ...
View Single Post
Old 24th August 2005, 01:24 PM
ScruffyCub
Cruiser

First, glad to hear you guys have reconciled and intend on working together to better your relationship.

I'm going to give one more bit of unsolicited advice... no surprise there.

You say you are making the choice to FORGET. Odds are good you will NOT forget. In fact, I'm sure you know this is impossible. You can IGNORE it and dismiss it and move along -- but you will NOT forget.

It's just important that you keep the distinction in mind. If you tried to force yourself to forget something that is unforgettable, you could very well end up dealing with lots of psychological issues that we need not detail at this time.

As long as you are cognizant of the reality of the situation, you CAN work through it.

Regaining trust is the most difficult part of this process -- and while it may seem that forgetting about it is the easiest way to accomplish this, all you end up accomplishing is continually trying to fool yourself -- and that feels AWFUL.

Just be realistic, take your time, and do your best.

It is STILL a good idea to put your focus on YOURSELF, too. Building up your ego in a way that gives you strength is NOT a bad thing at all (psychological definition of "ego," not the colloquial use which indicates vanity).

Good luck, dude -- glad to hear you are feeling better now.
Quote |