Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - report on sauna after mid-night
View Single Post
Old 27th November 2005, 07:38 AM
Gweilo
Cruiser

Agree with stillthrobbing:
There's a strong anti-rice queen tendency among the better looking Asians in the West. They NEVER go to any clubs known to attract rice queens and they do not patronize Long Yang Club meetings. When travelling to Ozzieland, US or Europe, I never say I live in Hong Kong, or that I speak Chinese, etc. That would turn them off immediately.

I think that anti-rice queeniness among Asians in the West is a sign of internalised racism. It works in a circular way: Asians are discriminated against => to some extent they internalise their inferiority => they reject those who are crazy about them on the basis of race, because these guys cannot be first class since they don't discriminate against them => they seek those who discriminate against them; if they manage to catch them, they feel equal or at least fulfilled. For a brief moment, they joined the majority.

Anti white sentiments among gay Asians in Asia aren't related to the educational level. Sexual racism has nothing to do with education. It never did. No studies have ever been done on the issue, so it's hard to find the reason. It's esp. difficult for us, non Asians, because the 'sticky rice' wouldn't talk to us, so there's no way to find out the reason. But judging from various discussion boards, the 'sticky rice' generalise all gwm as 'old, fat, ugly' (just as many Caucasians think of Asians as effeminate). I suspect there are two sources of such prejudices: 1. no chance of first-hand contact with Caucasians (e.g., no English spoken) 2. predominance of large, aged Caucasians in the white gay communities in Asia.

To those who think that Asians should love them because they are white:
It's EXTREMELY encouraging to read that Asians in the West discriminate against old gwm. If in-shape white guys don't cruise you in the saunas or in the bars, why are you surprised that Asians aren't interested either? Because they're in fact a second (or third) category in the gay community and should accept whatever comes their way? This kind of expectations is a form of racism too.