Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Old Guys need sex too!
View Single Post
Old 26th January 2006, 09:27 AM
mascguybost
Cruiser

While I can't argue that "ageist" attitudes exist, I think when it comes to "cruising" for sex, it's all about sexual attraction and like Scruffy said, we shouldn't be compelled to fuck someone just to be politically correct. Now, if we're talking about ageist attitudes that interfere with job promotions, housing opportunities, etc., that's a whole different ball game and one that needs to be addressed.

I too am getting closer to the 40 cut off, I'll be 37 next month, and see all the "no one under 40" clauses in profiles. However, I post my real age, put a face picture up and I still get hit up by 20 something guys that state no one over 30, so, it's not really a hard and fast rule, it's just that they have a preference.

I don't buy into the whole you're an "ageist" or a "racist" because you decline sexual advances from someone older or of a different race than yourself. I see a lot of bitterness because of these assumptions in profiles on the site I cruise. Statements like "If you have an issue with age..move on" or "If you have race issues...move on". That comes off as hostile, negative and defensive and in the end, a complete turn off.

Obviously, if someone has age or race issues, they're not going to hit up guys that are older or of a different race so there's no need to even make those statements. I see these kind of statements with guys who are over weight, accusing people of being “shallow“ or having an “attitude“ because they‘re being declined more often than they‘d like.

I go on attraction, both physical and mental. I'd take a handsome, sexually adventurous guy with a few extra pounds on him, of any age and race over a guy with model looks who's a complete bore or has a bad attitude. I think a lot more guys are like that than we think. Just go to any local public cruise spot and you'll see so many different types of guys hooking up with each other. It's just that in the "on-line" venue of cruising, it's like ordering take out so you're more apt to put what you're preferences are, where as in public, you go on visual stimulation, chemistry etc.

I'm a hairy guy and read a ton of ads that request "smooth" only. Am I to tell them they should fuck me anyway because it's not right to discriminate against hairy guys? I think not, it's just their preference and so be it and if you can’t hack the rejection, no matter what you look like, the cruising grounds, on-line or public, is not the place to be.

A side note, I didn't find the original posters statement here to be bitter at all. It seemed more a happy jump for joy that he's still able to fuck with the best in his later years and wanted other guys to know that there are some older men that can still keep up so we should keep our options open. In fact, I found it to be inspiring, as I hope to one day reach that age as well.
Quote |