Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - online std testing
View Single Post
Old 30th January 2006, 01:43 PM
Bayshore33611
Cruiser

Back to the question ...

So your original comment, mascguy, was based on a hunch? What I was asking for was why you said that you were sure that they weren't legit. Bi_0001 was asking if anyone had EXPERIENCE with an online testing service. If anonymous testing is available to you guys, that's awesome, and I'd use it instead ... for one thing it's a heck-of-a-lot cheaper.

Since I don't live in Mass or Ohio, I wouldn't begin to say what is or is not available there, but It ISN'T available in my county, or neighboring counties. And it's illegal for your doctor to offer "anonymous testing" here. I was just wondering what led you to the conclusion that online testing was a fraud.

And (duh), it's at the discretion of the patient whether or not they have the results faxed to them. Like any other anonymous test, you call an 800 number, provide them your tracking number, they provide the results.

BTW, in my county the anonymous testing from the health dept takes 2 weeks. If you want it sooner you have to provide your name/etc. Anonymous testing via a kit bought at the pharmacy takes 3 days. Statistically, almost 50% of the people never call back for the results ... so I am of the OPINION that it's better to strike when the iron is hot. Spend the $60 on the kit, get the answer in three days. But that's just my opinion ... based on my own experience. I did the two-week waiting thing once and was pretty much out of my mind by the time I finally got the results.
Quote |