Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Should you reveal if you have HIV/STD's when...
View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2006, 06:35 AM
mascguybost
Cruiser

Like BMG just stated, there's no argument to justify putting another person in harms way.

That said, it still doesn't take the burden of responsibility off of us to orchestrate our own risk management when it comes to cruising for sex. While we'd like to think everyone is honest and forth coming with information that we need to make decisions, that's hardly the case, no matter what venue in life we're talking about. So, we need to act accordingly and make decisions for ourselves that will have consequences, good or bad, that we're comfortable with, or at least we "think" we're comfortable with. Sometimes we regret decisions thinking a consequence is not as big a deal as it turns out to be. Examples range from, "This guy is really hot, seems clean so I'm willing to risk getting the clap and let him suck me off", then that case of the clap comes and it entails painful urination, medical expenses and sometimes a difficult conversation with a partner. Or, "This guy said he's bi and only tops so I'll let him fuck me raw", only to find out he took a load himeslf the weekend before while induced with substances and doesn't remember, hence again, leading to an even higher consequence of HIV infection.

The thing is most guys don't know they are carrying an STD or HIV. The window for HIV infection is vast and the only assurance a person can give you is "My last test was negative". Nobody can say they're negative for sure unless they've been abstinent for a good six months, test negative and you get them into bed before they have their next sexual encounter.

The other STD's also have a window, albiet a much shorter one. A guy could suck you off on Sunday that seems really clean cut and all that good stuff, but you don't know that he's been on a crystal meth binge all weekend and has sucked off about thirty cocks in two days and has contracted a few nasty STD's with no symptoms yet. Especially if he's a bottom where guys can carry the big "G" in their throat with no symptoms at all ever.

So, I guess what I'm saying is to adhere to the theme here in this thread: Play at your own risk.
Quote |