Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Getting Stood Up
View Single Post
Old 27th February 2006, 06:45 PM
mascguybost
Cruiser

Ditto to KD and Scruffy (on the same thread under Gay Sex).

My two cents:

A sure way to weed out a flake is when the email exchange becomes an on-line jerk off session. When they start going on about all the hot things they're "going" to do with you, red flag it. Also, if the email exchange is endless with ridiculous questions like are you a blue collar worker or what are you balls like, red flag that too. Oh yeah, and if after fifty five emails and you finally say what time are you coming by and they reply with, and I love this one, "What are you into?", delete it and move on.

When I cruise on-line, my profiles have enough pics, including face, dick, ass, shirtless etc. so they know what I look like. I give it a few emails to ask the questions that matter like vers, top or bottom, HIV status and all that. After that, it should be are we going to meet or not.

There are a ton of guys who just get off on the email exchange and will never meet you, and yes, they're usually the one's who hit you up constantly within ten seconds of you signing onto your web site of choice. I find that with guys like that if you cut them off up front with an actual invitation to meet up, they shy away fast.

You could also give yourself a 45 minute late rule. After that, don't even answer the door. I did that when I lived in Boston, but now that I'm in Florida it seems to be a 45 minute drive for either party to get anywhere so I have to be a little more flexible. I'm hoping that since there is that "drive" as a factor that guys are serious when making plans, but time will tell ;-)

Unfortunately though, this is going to happen time and time again and like KD said, it's just getting worse. I too am finding myself finding hook ups in real time settings more than on-line because I just don't have the patience anymore.

If I post a "right now" type of ad somewhere, I'll get a lot of replies, but maybe two at the most are serious.

Keep at it though, some guys do pull through and you could have a very hot time and hopefully, that will lead to a "regular" thing and you won't have to look on-line as much.
Quote |