Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Probability of non-std infection by giving deep throat BJ
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2006, 02:26 PM
ScruffyCub
Cruiser

We can speculate on this for days and not be able to provide a definitive answer. Sorry.

You guys seem to be going on the assumption that this is NOT an STD. That cannot be determined. In fact, even in the ABSENCE of any symptoms, one can have an STD and not know it. The sore throat may be the result of an infection that is a genuine STD or maybe not.

I'm gonna do something I shouldn't do and say that the odds are in his favor that he does not have an STD, provided that you guys do, indeed, understand that he should go get checked out.

Even if the sore throat goes away, that STILL does not mean he wasn't infected with something. Many STD symptoms DO go away, then reappear. The pattern is wildly different for various STDs. Only one sure way to know: go get a culture done and put an end to the guessing-game.

I'm aware of your general question, however: can a penis transmit a "common" bacteria that can cause a simple sore throat without an actual STD present.

In a nutshell -- sure. Bacteria that can cause a sore throat can be found ANYWHERE. If the guy didn't wash his hands after taking a dump and then touched his dick -- there you go. Or if he flushed a public toilet. Or touched a wall. Or tied his shoe. Doesn't have to be an INTERNAL infection that was spread -- could "just" be a mild, bacterial bug that will clear up shortly.

My gay cousin recently joked about having a sore throat from "sucking too many dicks."

And, finally... sometimes just giving a LOT of deep throat will slightly damage delicate tissue in the throat and mouth. It may not even be bacterial in nature. Could just be banged up a bit.

Watch and see what happens, but don't just wait around forever. I'd have to recommend a culture and some tests if the guy is really nervous, but I'm laying odds this is nothing to worry about.

Good luck.
Quote |