Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Am I Gay?
Thread: Am I Gay?
View Single Post
Old 9th August 2006, 05:50 AM
ButchMascGuy
Cruiser

Specific200 ~

Apparently ... labels do matter and are important because of the necessity to make distinctions which don't really make a substantive difference. This is probably the underlying reason why I don't use the label 'Gay' when referring to myself as a homosexual. I will sometimes refer to myself and others as 'Queer' to emphasize the essential underlying sexual orientation and attraction that distinguishes homosexuals from heterosexuals. Let's keep in mind that 'Queer' does not necessarily mean abnormal as opposed to normal. After all, just because a majority of people are heterosexuals does not mean heterosexuality is the 'norm', and all others are abnormal because they are a minority.

I don't dispute that there does exist 'situational' homosexuals whose essential underlying sexual orientation and attraction is heterosexual. Male and female prisoners are an excellent example of the 'situational' homosexual. The reality of the prison incarceration environment and the conspicuous absense of available female sex partners makes it possible for an inmate to be a 'situational homosexual' without changing their essential sexual orientation and attraction upon release from confinement and having access to female sex partners. We also do need to keep in mind that many such 'situational homosexuals' confined and imprisoned will 'buddy up' with another male inmate to survive and thrive in a prison environment where rape and gang rape crimes are a daily reality of that environment. Upon release from imprisonment or confinement, many such situational homosexuals will revert back to their essential underlying sexual orientation and attraction. Another reality of the prison incarceration environment is aggression and controlling that aggression.

Prison officials ... administrators and staff alike ... have long recognized that depriving male prisoners of a sexual outlet for extended and lengthy periods of time may induce aggressive behavior within a male prison population. Most prisons are overpopulated and horribly understaffed which makes controlling aggressive behavior paramount. Again, situational homosexuality in a prison environment helps reduce aggression and lends itself to controlling the male inmate population.

We need to recognize that 'situational homosexuality' does exist and it does not change a person's essential underlying sexual orientation and attraction. Just what constitutes a person's essential underlying sexual orientation and attraction is debatable as a question of Nature versus Nurture.

So, apparently, labels do matter to many people. It is pointless to pretend labels don't matter when our behavior often makes that point for us despite our denials to the contrary. A point made, I would argue, by the heterosexual-impaired male who somehow manages to become a 'situational homosexual' whenever he finds, on occasion, his way to a male gay bathhouse to have sex with other males. We can be absolutely certain this 'situational homosexual' (heterosexual-impaired males) is not going to a gay bathhouse for the purpose of female sexual intimacy.

-- Abraham Lincoln
Quote |