Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Am I Gay?
Thread: Am I Gay?
View Single Post
Old 10th August 2006, 04:23 PM
mascguybost
Cruiser

The only reason labels are important is because society places moral judgments on them. Being heterosexual is viewed for the most part as moral, while gay, bi etc., are usually not, although, times are changing, even if at a snails pace.

Well adjusted gay men usually are angered by bi or closeted gay men not abiding by these labels because they feel it’s a cop out that they’re not identifying as truly bi or gay due to the fear of judgments that will be placed on them, which, affects how you view yourself.

BMG is right on with the situational homosexuality. It’s a valid sociological term and is mostly mentioned when talking about prisons since situational homosexuality, or anything situational for that matter, is caused by a controlled environment, such as a prison, where the environment is controlling you, not the other way around. So, a heterosexual male that wants to orgasm, and isn’t into barfly’s or hookers, is not being controlled by any means, therefore, if he chooses to seek out a male for sexual gratification, it’s at his own free will. Does this make him bi? I’d say yes, but, most posts I read here on these forums from guys usually say no and will give them the benefit of the doubt I have. However, my true feelings are that when it comes to men that seek out sex with men at their own accord and free will, I can't see how this makes them heterosexual. Having sexual attraction and activity with both sexes, is after all "bi-sexual".

It would be ideal if we lived in a society where labels didn’t matter and it was just “Do you prefer to have sex with men, women or both?” No judgments or reactions, just people expressing their sexual desires in a safe and comfortable environment in which they can be attained without having to resort to deception or lying to one’s self in order to maintain dignity and respect.
Quote |