Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Am I Gay?
Thread: Am I Gay?
View Single Post
Old 14th August 2006, 04:47 AM
ButchMascGuy
Cruiser

If it weren't for the fact that homosexuals are second class citizens, we could declare victory and everyone would be happy. But, don't let the label of second class citizen offend you if it makes your life a little more difficult or inconvenienced in some way.

But, we arn't happy because we are not first class citizens. If homosexuals were first class citizens, we'd be able to legally marry and enjoy all of the legal and binding enollments which attach to the legal sanction of marriage. If homosexuals were first class citizens, we could not be arbitrarily fired from our jobs for being homosexual. If homosexuals were first class citizens, we could not be arbitrarily denied housing on the basis of our homosexuality.

And, yes, if homosexuals were first class citizens, we could demonstrate our patriotism and become members of the armed services without having to compromise our dignity as human beings by the denigrating effect of "don't ask, don't tell, don't inquire" doublespeak hypocrisy.

But, homosexuals are not first class citizens. And some of us Queers are not happy with the status quo which marginalizes our very existence on the fringes of society.

So, when someone begs the question "Am I gay", it ought to be abundantly clear that some labels do matter when it comes to whether or not you are a first class citizen as a matter of principle with the enforcement of the law and the Constitutional protections of our liberties and freedoms.

-- Abraham Lincoln
Quote |