Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Infomation on Myanmar
View Single Post
Old 15th January 2007, 08:13 PM
buzzard
Cruiser

changes

I just got back from a trip to Myanmar this week. A few disturbing changes in Yangon. The hotel I used previously will no longer allow boys to come to the room. And I'm not talking about anything dangerously young; the guy I met last time is 18 and will be 19 soon. Six months ago, no problem getting him to come to the room, but now a definite "cannnot." I tried 4 different hotels and it was the same thing in each one. One place even told me: "Lady, no problem, but no boys." I wonder what that's all about?
But the rest of the country remains very charming and different. In some ways, I would guess it's like Thailand was about 50 years ago (20 years is too recent!). But forget about any thriving bar scene. That just doesn't exist. All the guys you meet are either freelancers on the street, or hanging out in some overpriced hotel karaoke bar or disco. Sadly, hip-hop culture is being embraced by rich youngsters. Lock your doors and hide your kids: Burmese Rap is here!
I still consider Myanmar to a "must" see place. Wonderful people, inexpensive, great sights to see, and very safe. And the food isn't bad at all. In fact, I had some wonderful meals; cuisine ranging from Burmese and Shan, to Indian and Chinese, even Italian and Thai. And the local teashops have great tea and snacks (samosa, paratha, pastries), even full meals (noodles dishes, fried rice, etc.)
At a monastary near Inle Lake I met a VERY friendly young monk. Instant eye contact and big smiles. He came over and sat very close to me, including a bit of touching and hand holding. I kept waiting for his hand to wander further but it never got beyond that, but I could feel the desire (from both of us!). I'll have to suggest a long walk in the woods next time!
Quote |