Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - What Happens at Songkran?
View Single Post
Old 27th March 2007, 09:34 AM
buzzard
Cruiser

many factors

Songkran can be a blast if you are prepared for the deluge of water that always happens. If you approach it with the right mindset and participate in the fun, then you'll love it. But if you are squeemish about getting water (or that nasty powder) thrown on you, better stay indoors, or far away from it all.
And what I'll say about the water times will contradict yet another post: from what I've observed, most water play occurs during the day and by nightfall are usually safe and dry. BUT...there are exceptions to that rule, such as in some tourist and bar ghettos (Khao San Road, Nana Plaza) and water shenanigans in and around Silom that someone else noted.
Anywhere in Pattaya also seems to be "round the clock". In fact, if you don't want to get wet you might want to avoid Pattaya altogether. Not only do they observe the "official" Songkran days from April 13-15, but they extend their celebrations until the 19th or 20th.
And I read last week that Chiang Mai will start their Songkran water throwing earlier this year, on April 1. Some sort of April Fool's Day joke? Unfortunately not. The "logic" is that by throwing more water around town it will help lessen the current problem they are having with smoke and haze in the area.
Quote |