Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Belvedere Theater
View Single Post
Old 29th April 2008, 12:24 PM
acdc69
Cruiser

Belvedere Theater

According to the Sex listings, it appears Belvedere is closed for good. Unfortunately, all it took to close this place down was a thug with a bullet, intent on robbing the owner of the place. Having been there before, she couldn't have had a lot of money in the first place, but I suppose even 10 bucks would have been worth it for this killer. A killer did what the neighborhood tried to do for years and even the DeKalb county police couldn't do.

Now we are left with Buford Hwy cinemas, a place that always gets mixed reviews, mostly bad. If it is true that Belvedere has closed for good, it would be nice if someone could step in and keep it running.

The good news out of all of this is at least according to the AJC, they caught the individual who shot and killed the owner's son. The killer had gotten out of Federal prison back in January. For the full story on his arrest, check out the story here: http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met...lb_murder.html

Over the years, I had mostly great experiences at the Belvedere, even back in the day when it was a 'family' type place to go. Whenever I was in the area on business, I made sure to stop by and most every time I can say I had an excellent time, sometimes more fun than others. This place will truly be missed and the Atlanta area has now lost another place for us to meet.

I'm sure the neighbors are happy, and most likely so are the DeKalb police. I know a lot of us will miss the place.
Quote |